Sunday, February 8, 2015

Flannel Fitted Diaper

I'm using up some more of my old flannel to make donation fitteds.  Sure, they aren't squishy or stretchy like the bamboo or cotton fleece fitted diapers or T-shirt fitteds...  and they aren't snappiable like the prefitteds, but they still work!

 I applied my front snaps and used my M-L Fitted template again.  This time I made the turned and top-stitched style and not a pocket.  The shell is 4 layers total, and each petal of the two-petal snap-in soaker are 5 layers.  I used thicker diaper-maker flannel for everything except the printed outer.



All of my free diaper pattern templates can be downloaded here: http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2012/10/online-free-downloads.html

7 comments:

  1. how many layers of each would you recommend for a nb diaper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a newborn, I'd probably do a 3 layer shell (one inner and 2 outer for snap-backing support) and two 3 layer petals.

      Delete
  2. hi! may i know the size of the soaker? I am using your OS ruffled fitted pattern but im lost when it comes to the size of the soaker. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an OS or M/L soaker template on my downloads page. I just did something like that but without the contoured top and just as a rounded rectangle instead for easy serging.

      Delete
  3. I know this is an old thread but i have a question, could i put old towel sewn into this as a soaker pad? Thank you for this blog, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. You can use any absorbent fabric. Make sure to strip the towel first so it absorbs well. You will also need to serge or zig-zag the edges after cutting when using terry cloth. :)

      Delete
  4. I need to say Thank You.It's long over due.I found your post just after my 2nd child in 2011.We then had a 3rd,4th,5th and was blessed with our last in 2018.Your free patterns have saved us so many times.My husband and I have both experienced a loss of jobs shortly after a move to a new state,the struggle to start our own business, the loss of a chiled and its emotional and financial toll,having 3 baby in diapers at the same time.I could go on but this is so long as it is.not all of this has been heart wearing. We found that I can be a wahm,that our children are precious gifts and that a lot of hard work can pay its self off in a couple of years.All this to say that when we have been stretched so thin one of my safety nets has bee your free patterns. Again Thank you.

    ReplyDelete