Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pull-Up Trainers

I never used trainers with my kids, but I have had some requests for them over the years

I am working on my own pattern currently that has cased elastic, FOE, and combination versions.

I will work up some samples of each and publish tutorials for them over the next week or two.

For now, here is a draft mock-up of a template for the body section and a few sample photos:

I'm working it up for 12m-24m as well as 2T-4T  :)











All templates utilize the same 5 inch wide by 6 inch tall microfleece w/ cased elastic sections for the stretchy hips.

They can be any style of diaper just like the regular PUL diaper templates.  Pockets, AIOs, Pocket AIOs, AI2s, feel-dry or feel-wet (I'd go between those for night versus day use probably)...

Stay-dry AIO soaker and Pocket AIO soaker:
 Just stitched on with a basic straight stitch on the back side of the inner:
 Feel-wet AIO soaker and a snap-in AI2 soaker:
 AIO soaker zig-zagged on the top side of the inner and AI2 soaker snapped in:

Go HERE to the downloads post for an easier place to begin your cloth diaper sewing journey.  :)

14 comments:

  1. Arfy, YOU ROCK!!!!

    JessicaRenee520 (from the bbc cd sewing 101 board)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! we're done with them, but I've been sewing quite a few for the swap lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing! We be needing some of these soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best!. super cute so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your patterns! But ive got a ginormous toddler I guess lol do you plan on making a pattern bigger than a 2-4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T&T version fit my 46lb 4 yr old, and she wears size 5/6 in most clothes... Are you making your leg elastics too tight or something? What about it doesn't fit?

      Delete
    2. I haven't tried it yet, but if it doesn't fit I have 2 more that will grow into it lol my 2 1/2 yo wears a 6/7 and has a big butt. I have started cutting out and just cut about an inch outside the pattern.

      Delete
  6. What type of fabric and how did you make the sides of the trainers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a tutorial on how to do the sides? I see where it says the 5 x 6 microfleece, but I'm still new to sewing still. Would love a video tutorial from start to finish if you have one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the length of the elastic on the side panels? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did this trainer pattern ever get made up? I checked the download page and the link brought me back here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I found the extra links on the download page. Didn't see how that was set up at first.

      Delete
  10. muchas gracias batalle para encontrar un patron para hacer un entrenador y grcias a ti ya lo empesare a coser

    ReplyDelete