Sunday, June 23, 2013

Comfort-Serged Fitted

There is now a VIDEO tutorial posted for this on my YouTube channel.


This was brought up today on my cloth diaper sewing board.

Those diapers where the legs appear to be turned and top-stitched, but the rest of the diaper is serged.

I don't really understand it, because it sure doesn't save time or effort like a normal serged diaper does. To me, I'd rather just T&T the whole thing.  Anyway, some people really like the look and feel of them, so here is a basic simplified tutorial for them.

I used two SUPER-thin prefolds that were donated to me by a friend.  They are only 2-4-2 but the size of regular prefolds...  So, really, you'd need two anyway.  I probably should have used two different colors of cotton fleece to really show this off, as the serging is hard to see with white-on-white.

First, you serge around from the start of where your turning hole will be until just to the first end-point of your leg-elastic.  Then you serge again from the back end-point of your leg elastic, around the back, and to the other side's back end-point of the leg elastic...  Leaving the areas where your leg elastic will be run un-sewn/serged.
 Next...  you turn the diaper inside-out.
 Then, making sure to overlap your serging over all the end-points of the first side's serging, you serge just down those sides.
 Then you turn inside-out AGAIN.
 Then you just sew your elastic casings and install your elastic as usual.  Then serge up the front as usual to close your turning hole.
I used my general M-L Fitted template for this.

Most of my templates are available for download and printing at http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2012/10/online-free-downloads.html

1 comment:

  1. [Please authorize this post]

    For herbal Remedies....Contact him now for a herpes cure.

    ___________________ r.buckler11@gmail.com …..

    I am cured from herpes…it works…

    ReplyDelete