Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Diaper Pods?

 I guess "diaper pods" are a thing now?  I have no idea when that started.  I don't think there was anything like it for cloth diapering when my kids were in diapers. Anyway, they seem like they're just square cornered zipper bags for storing and/or carrying cloth diapers in?

Here is a video tutorial I made for a one-layer PUL one.


However, today on my live-stream I improvised a quilted cotton one.  My daughter has already claimed it for herself, because she thinks it is the right size to keep a series of books in to swap/share with her friends (once she is allowed to see them in-person again that is.)


A member of my discord mentioned that the snapping side strap might be for attaching it to the outside of a diaper bag or something? I have never seen one in-person myself, so I really have no idea.  ;)

I did add side loops though, in case anyone wanted to add shoulder strap to it in the more traditional way as well.  I've seen some photos of others online that had both.

What am I missing? Why don't people just put their cloth diapers into their diaper bag like disposable, like how we did it? I just had a typical smaller flat wet bag for dirties, and used one of the inside pockets for the diapers when we went out or travelled.


Edit: I made a small version and added two add-on pocket style options. I will be publishing the pattern and uploading a video tutorial for it in a few more days.



If you can't wait to sew just the basic pods, I am posting a rough draft of the pattern for now.  However, I will delete it once I post the final version and video tutorial.


2 comments:

  1. These are useful for childcare because I can fit 5-6 nappies in and they look ordered and neat. It looks neater to have 5 nappies standing up in a row than when I used to just shove the nappies into a flat wet bag. The snaps are so that you can un-snap the handle and hang it off your pram. I also use them to store cloth wipes folded ready for use (instead of a box I guess). And really tiny small ones are good as cosmetic bags or for cloth pads!

    ReplyDelete