Saturday, August 4, 2012

OS Squaretab with a Double Welt Pocket


I started by cutting out my suedecloth for the pocket diaper inner.  Then, about 3 inches from the top/back, I cut a 5" long slit right in the middle, and then little angled slits out from the ends so that when folded back there would be a small rectangular opening.  I took some photos of this process on scrap white fabric with black marker showing folds, cutting, and sewing lines so it is easier to see.  I then cut out two 7"x 3" rectangles and folded them in half length-wise.













Here they are pinned to the back of the opening of the inner suedecloth:
 This photo shows the back side:
 I did a tight zig-zag stitch around the edges to sew the folded pieces onto the inner fabric:
 I then trimmed off all the excess fabric from the back side to leave this clean pocket opening:

Here are my inner and outer fabrics all prepared and pinned together ready to sew:
 Sewn together faces-in and corners trimmed ready to invert through the pocket:
 Turned right-side-out and top-stitched (for ruffled elastic casings):
 Casing channels sewn:
 Close up of the casing channel for ruffled elastic:
 Shown with the elastic threaded:
 Finished outer (I made this one a 3x3 rise):
 Finished pocket inner without insert:
Insert stuffed:
 



You can print or download any of my templates linked here: http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2012/10/online-free-downloads.html

2 comments:

  1. You are the diaper pattern queen! I'm so inspired! I want to take your NB-S fitted pattern and make an AIO - should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you use as your fabric outer, and for your insert? I am so in love with all your diapers :)

    ReplyDelete