I pulled out my sewing machine and set up at my daughter's toddler desk to try and sew up a sample of the revised NB-S fitted pattern. However, I was having problems with my bobbin tension. So, the stitching is very ugly. However... at least it is easier to SEE this way. ;)
Below are the diaper cuts arranged by top and bottom pieces with snaps applied through te top 3 layers. I used 4 layers of a T-shirt-like jersey fabric and one layer of upcycled cotton print from a pair of pajamas.
Here is the top view of the top section.
Everything pinned together faces toward eachother ready for sewing.
Sewn around with a fairly wide stitch in the seam allowance.
** A walking foot is your friend, when sewing with jersey.
Turned right-side-out through the open front.
Elastic casings sewn and soaker snap added.
Elastics sewn in.
Ready to close up that opening in the front.
Front closed up close to the edge (or many people like to serge here).
Top-stitching finished and the remaining snaps applied.
Small setting row.
Newborn setting row with umbilical snap-down.
Optional 3.5" wide snap-in long-fold soaker.
Soaker snapped into the diaper.